Dev Ops Engineer
BS in Computer Science or related field is preferred
Amazon Web Services
PC's & Apple
Trellis is looking for hard working, motivated and deadline driven individual to join our growing team. Multiple years of expertise in development operations position is required. Qualified candidates should also have an understanding of the entire web development process, including requirements gathering, design, development and development operations.
This is a mid to senior level position that allows you to share your valuable experience with a team of developers while working on exciting projects based on platforms such as Magento, Shopify, the most popular CMS WordPress, Laravel, other e-commerce websites, and more.
We are a fast growing eCommerce agency that is also building a combination of products to compliment our agency services. Trellis is a young company that has extremely high expectations of all employees and future growth as a company. As a technology startup in the Boston area we are looking for a candidate that wants to become a long-term part of an up and coming company with high valuation potential.
Our engineers are responsible for interpreting and executing designs and functionality correctly; therefore they must be able to effectively communicate with the other team members and occasionally with clients. Other vital soft skills in the job description include the ability to solve problems and adapt quickly to new web design and web application trends.
DevOps Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the development team to set up, configure, and test new cloud servers
• Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
• Test implemented designs
• Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
• Handle CI/CD automation for code deployments in all environments
• Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve server architecture
• Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
• Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improvement development delivery
• Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
• Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
• Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
• Manage CI and CD tools with team
• Document and design various processes; update existing processes
• Improve infrastructure development and application development
• Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company
• Set up PCs and Macs with correct software, according to our remote management services
• Configure and maintain office internal network
DevOps Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field
• Two or more years of previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
• Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
• Experience configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting wireless networks
• Experience setting up PCs and Macs
• Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
• Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Prior experience creating and maintaining Docker containers a plus
Please note that the job posting requires a smattering of IT work, not just the standard DevOps skillset.
Medford, Massachusetts, United States or Remote
Please respond by submitting a, resume/CV, and samples that may include links to past work, and anything else that you feel sets you apart.