BS Computer Science Preferred
HTML / CSS
PHP / MySQL
Git / Version Control
Trellis is looking for an experienced Magento Developer to join our growing team. Experience with Foundation and Bootstrap responsive frameworks is preferred. 2+ years experience with PHP and Magento is required.
The Magento Developer position is a mid-level position that allows you to gain valuable experience with the potential of working on exciting projects that may involve third party integrations, eCommerce, multi site functionality, custom module creation and more. The position involves development and support of dynamic PHP / MySQL based web sites in Magento. Duties range from custom development of scripts with few development precedents, to creation of entirely new extensions or themes for Magento.
- Demonstrated web development skills (e.g., through a portfolio of work, storyboards, technical diagrams, etc.)
- Possesses an understanding of development operations best practices
- Has strong Magento frontend and backend development experience
- Is comfortable with MVC frameworks
- Has familiarity with process flow-charting, wire frames, mockups, site maps
- Love of learning, and ability to work with minimal supervision or training
- Team player willing to pitch in for the greater good
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
Ideal candidates may also possess strong skills In:
- System Integration
- API Development
- Strong understanding of eCommerce best practices
- Data Mapping
- GIT and Version Control
- LAMP Stack Expertise
- Plugin Development
- Professional experience with object oriented programming and relational database design principles
- Web server / networking / IT experience
We are a fast growing WordPress and Magento full service agency that is also building a combination of products to compliment our agency services. Trellis is a young company that has extremely high expectations of all employees and future growth as a company. As a technology startup in the Boston area we are looking for a candidate that wants to become a long-term part of an up and coming company with high valuation potential.
As a growing company, Trellis also has opportunities for advancement internally for hires that master project management of system integration, product development, Magento, and WordPress projects. Compensation will be based on past experience in project management of web design and web application development, as well as actual performance.