Magento Technical Lead (Permanent)
5 years of professional experience doing LAMP stack development; 3 years of provable Magento experience; 2 years of experience on Magento 2
LAMP stack development; Magento experience; Magento 2; AWS to setup and configure EC2 and RDS serversOne or more provable Magento certifications (especially Associate or Professional backend certifications in Magento 2) is preferred.
Magento Technical Lead (Permanent)
Trellis is looking for a Senior Software Engineer available full-time to lead one of its Magento development teams. Here is the background that we are seeking:
- A strong theoretical background in software engineering and object-oriented programming is required.
- A strong understanding of database management and performant database design is required.
- At least 5 years of professional experience doing LAMP stack development, including server setup and configuration is required.
- At least 3 years of provable Magento experience, and at least 2 years of experience on Magento 2, specifically, is required. We suggest submitting a small portfolio, or at least a code sample as proof of this experience.
- At least 3 years of experience using and helping to manage code repositories using Git or Subversion is required.
- Above average ability to listen, speak, read and write in English daily is required.
- At least 2 years of using software development management tools like the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.) or a similar set of applications is recommended.
- Prior experience integrating with external web services, like SOAP, REST, or Graph QL APIs is recommended.
- Prior experience leading a development team of 4 or more people is recommended.
- Prior experience doing setup and development using virtual machines or Docker is preferred.
- Prior experience setting up continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) with tools like Jenkins, Git hooks, or BitBucket Pipelines is preferred.
- Prior experience using AWS to setup and configure EC2 and RDS servers to support LAMP stack applications is preferred.
- One or more provable Magento certifications (especially Associate or Professional backend certifications in Magento 2) is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field of study, or some other similar level of educational background, is preferred.
Furthermore, we have the following requirements:
- If the candidate lives locally to our Malden, MA office, we would like the technical lead to be in the office 3+ days per week.
- Must be ready to assist the Project Manager by adding technical details to tickets, architecting solutions, and estimating new or future work.
- Must be able to manage a daily flow of work and delegate work to other team members appropriately.
- Must be able to work during Trellis’s office hours, which are 9am to 6pm Eastern, Monday to Friday.
- Must be able to mentor and teach junior team members on all topics related to Magento development.
- Must be able to handle escalations of mid- to senior-level of difficulty regarding any aspect of Magento website issues, including hosting-related issues.
- Must be able to code review junior developers and promote good development practices.
- Must be able to setup new LAMP stack servers and update configurations and software installations on existing servers.
- Must be able to deploy new code to production servers safely and efficiently.
- Must be able to communicate well with intra- and inter-departmental resources, as well as clients, and speak in language appropriate to the listening audience.
Must be able to log time spent against the correct tickets and help maintain a strong degree of team efficiency.