Senior Front-end Developer
HTML & CSS
SASS / SCSS / LESS
E-Commerce Experience (nice to have but not required)
Vue.js | React.js
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Vue.js | React.js
- E-Commerce Experience (nice to have but not required)
Trellis is a fast growing eCommerce agency that is also building a combination of products to compliment our agency services. We are a young company that has extremely high expectations of all employees and future growth as a company. As a technology startup in the Boston area we are looking for a candidate that wants to become a long-term part of an up and coming company with high valuation potential.
We’re looking for a mid to senior front-end developer with an eye for design to join our team. This will allow you to share your valuable experience with a team of developers and while working on exciting projects based on platforms such as Magento & Shopify along with modern frameworks like Vue.js | React.js and Headless approaches.
- Ability to develop for a myriad of devices with differing screen sizes and resolutions.
- Understanding of web standards and accessibility.
- Experience building stateful web applications with client-side technologies.
- Experience with Vue.js or React.js is a plus
- Experience using Git for version control
- Career development interest – this includes researching new technologies, and perfecting use of current ones.
- Self-starter mentality that can be equally at home under supervision or controlling a project on her or his own.
- Ability to communicate well with both internal team members and external stakeholders.
- Permission to work in the US
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Bonus points for:
Ability to commute to Malden, MA 3x+ per week
Asynchronous Programming (Async/Await)
Server side chops
Duties and Expectations
A mid-senior front-end developer is generally expected to:
- Mentor and help other developers when needed.
- Assist with architecture of client-side solutions.
- Use a combination of languages & frameworks to deliver layouts and functional requirements on Shopify and Magento platforms.
- Help ensure we continuously deliver a consistent experiences across all browsers, platforms and devices.
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements.
- Help write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Assist back-end developers in coding and troubleshooting
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Promote usability best practices.
- Follow best practices for all languages, performance optimization and search engine optimization.