Senior Project Manager
5+ years professional experience
Jira or software equivalent
Trellis is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our growing team. This individual is a highly-communicative, detail-oriented critical thinker that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience in client-facing digital project management. This is a highly-visible, senior position that allows you to take ownership of 5 or more high-value, key accounts, work directly with management on process improvements and lead a team of developers.
Our Senior Project Managers are extremely passionate about diligence and communication and thrive in high-pressure scenarios with important deadlines and budgets. This role requires an expert-level ability to simplify complex requirements into easily digestible updates for both technical and non-technical team members and clients.
Although the specific responsibilities will evolve as the candidate gains experience, we’re looking for someone capable of the following:
- Lead and facilitate the relationship with clients and other Trellis stakeholders to gather requirements for full-build and maintenance projects
- Assist the Director of Project Management with ongoing process improvements and initiatives.
- Expert-level leadership abilities and experience with managing cross-functional teams
- Leverage project management tools like Jira / Confluence to diligently organize project tasks and assign to appropriate Trellis personnel
- Develop comprehensive individual project plans complete with budgetary information and resource needs, and manage them carefully throughout the duration of the project (often 6 months or more)
- Carefully manage project budgets to ensure expectations are set and met.
- Act as a solutions consultant, coaching clients on best practices and direction
- Lead and facilitate meetings, conference calls, and presentations with internal and external stakeholders.
Given our focus on technology, experience in a variety of platforms is essential to success in this role. Most notably:
- Experience with Magento, Shopify, WordPress and/or content management systems is strongly preferred
- Maintains a working knowledge of the e-commerce industry and relevant brands, services, and trends.
- Understanding of responsive web design
- Ability to understand the complexity and requirements of third party integrations into a CMS platform
- Experience with Jira/Confluence and/or other major project management tools
- 5+ years of experience in client-facing digital project management
- 3+ years of experience in managing teams of at least 5 people
- 2+ years of experience in e-commerce
- 2+ years of experience in an autonomous, decision-making role
- 1+ years experience working with Jira, Confluence and G-Suite Tools
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred)
- Possesses or able to earn SCRUM certification within 90 days
- Possesses or able to earn JIRA certification within 90 days
- Possesses or able to earn Platform-specific (i.e. Magento or Shopify) admin certification within 3 months
- Ability to manage $1.5M in annual account revenue
- Ability to onboard and lead accounts within the first 30 days
- Expert time-management and prioritization skills
- Expert written communication skills
- Expert presentation skills
- Expert budget management skills
- Expert reporting skills
- Expert capabilities in leading meetings
- Expert conflict management and resolution skills
- Expert ability to simplify complex requirements into actionable tasks
- This position allows for part-time remote work
Trellis is a fast-growing eCommerce agency that is also building a combination of products to complement our agency services. Trellis is a young company that has extremely high expectations of all employees and future growth as a company. As a technology startup in the Boston-area, we are looking for a candidate that wants to become a long-term part of an up and coming company with high valuation potential. We expect our employees to be hard-working, and deadline-driven.