Protect your Property
Ensuring your brand is slated for success in perpetuity
Our first step in working together is ensuring that our team has access to all of the required items to support your business. Additionally, we want to have all of the proper communication and project management systems in place to effectively discuss and track key priorities for your team.
Gaining access to any development-related systems including:
- Access to 3rd-Party Integrations
- Access/Configuration of Local/Staging/Testing/Production Environments
- Access to eCommerce Platform Admin
- Access/Configuration of Code Repository
Project Management Onboarding
Configuring all of the systems related to communications and project management:
- File Sharing
Gaining access to any marketing-related systems including:
- Analytics Platforms
- Tagging Platforms
- Conversion Pixels
- Email Marketing Platforms
Organizing any design-related materials including:
- Access to Branding Collateral
- Access to Asset Management System
- Access to Design System Management Tooling
Technical Audit (Required)
The goal of the Technical Audit is to gain an in-depth understanding of your existing technology infrastructure and identify any issues related to security, data integrity, and overall performance
Details & Deliverables
- Infrastructure Assessment: A review of infrastructure (i.e. server configuration) and associated costs.
- Provisioning Assessment: A review of server provisioning profiles for production, staging, and local development environments.
- CI/CD Assessment: A review of current CI/CD process and automations.
- Code Quality Assessment: A review of code quality, organization, and core code modifications based on development best practices.
- Apps & Services Assessment: An inventory and analysis of the apps and services integrated into the website.
- Security Assessment: A review of security best practices applied to the website.
- Written “Summary of Findings” Audit Report: A written report including a list of our findings and recommendations.
- Prioritization Matrix: A prioritization matrix including the estimated return (impact) of each recommendation and level-of-effort (cost and timeline) to implement.
Presentation of “Summary of Findings”: Upon completion of the “Summary of Findings” Audit Report, Trellis will schedule a call with important stakeholders from the client’s team and present the report.
Advanced Auditing (Optional)
Marketing Audit: Starting at $3,500
The goal of our Marketing Audit is to identify opportunities for improving customer acquisition and retention across a variety of channels.
Performance Audit: Starting at $1,500
The goal of the Performance Audit is to establish a performance benchmark for your eCommerce website and identify any opportunities for improving load speed.
Operational Audit: Starting at $1,500
The goal of the Operational Audit is to gain a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental business process of your organization so that we can identify opportunities for streamlining or automation through technology.
Accessibility Audit: Starting at $1,000
The goal of the Accessibility Audit is to evaluate how our website meets ADA standards and any vulnerabilities you might have when it comes to accessibility. Past rulings and settlements point to WCAG 2.0, Level AA, as the accepted standard of web accessibility; any company that is striving to develop an accessible website should comply with this standard. Trellis recommends consulting a legal expert to determine the appropriate level of compliance for your organization.
Trellis will conduct an accessibility compliance audit for the client’s website. This audit will test the website for 38 success criteria as defined by WCAG 2.0 AA (25 for level A, 13 for level AA), and identify specific technical compliance issues which may exist throughout the website/application in a larger scope.
The final step in our Maintenance Discovery process is working to distill our findings from our various audits into clear and actionable work. While the majority of our clients come into these engagements with some degree of a ‘wishlist’, we’ve found that taking the time to prioritize those items, along with our own professional recommendations, provides the clearest path for how to invest your retainer with Trellis.
Our primary goal is to get at least one month’s worth, ideally three months, of requirements outlined in your JIRA project so that our team can maximize the use of your retainer on the items that will deliver the most immediate value. Your dedicated Account Strategist will lead this initial Roadmapping as well as any subsequent Roadmapping sessions to ensure your company’s goals are clearly communicated to our team and considered when planning our work.
Budget & Timeline
Our Maintenance Discovery process provides a comprehensive yet flexible start to our relationship together. Depending on the range of Auditing activities that make sense for your business, we can accelerate our timeline to implementation or extend your investment into identifying all possible areas for improving your business.
Typically, we see that clients engaging in the full suite of Auditing activities should expect a 4 – 6-week Discovery process. Generally, clients should expect at least a 2 – 4-week Discovery process to cover the minimum Onboarding and Roadmapping activities required to prepare for our relationship together.