The Hard Truth About B2B eCommerce podcast is the world’s top B2B eCommerce podcast and this week’s episode invites Tal Rotman, Vice President of Global Partnerships and Alliances at Namogoo, to discuss how to solve the problem of low conversion rates and optimize the pricing for B2B customers to ensure the smooth eCommerce experience.
Tal Rotman is the VP of alliances at Namogoo, a company founded on its ability to eliminate customer hijacking on the Internet. A significant base of customers gets hijacked by bad actors and businesses lose conversions due to false advertising. Namogoo solves this problem, and in doing so has developed an incredible AI engine that can do much more. With their engine, they can predict customer intent and even automate and optimize pricing for margin so that you get the higher price when customers are ready to buy or a lower price when they are likely to abandon.
Episode 71: Automating Pricing & Promotions
In this episode, co-hosts Isaiah Bollinger, CEO of Trellis, and Timothy Peterson, President & COO of Speir Digital, Inc, are welcoming Tal Rotman, VP of Global Partnerships and Alliances at Namogoo, to discuss:
- Digital journey optimization
- Phenomenon of customer journey hijacking
- How to identify different types of hijackers
- Why customers are not complaining about hijackers’ ads
- Factors that influence conversion rates and ways to increase them by at least one and a half percent
- How to control conversions
- Identifying the intent of the visitor or the intent to purchase with an ML engine
- How to use the underlying data points to give website visitors promotions at the right time in the journey
- Streamlining B2B pricing offers
- How to overcome the resistance of B2B businesses to automation and anything eCommerce
- Why legislation in some states can hinder digital transformation
- How to optimize B2B eCommerce by using a DTC approach to business
- Learning when not to market
- Personalizing the experience by creating highly performing segments
- Why customers with AdBlockers convert better
- How to approach it in a DTC way?
- Revamping the culture in the company to get into the innovative mindset
This podcast’s origin story
Podcasts are still a relatively new medium for content, but just because they are new doesn’t mean they lack power. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Podcasts have a unique ability to reach people on their time, whenever it is convenient for them – a way that previously did not majorly exist. Podcast listeners can take the information wherever they go and absorb it as they see fit. And that’s exactly what we are looking to do here. We want to reach a new audience of B2B eCommerce enthusiasts.
This podcast is all about B2B eCommerce. B2B is a different breed of eCommerce and it needs a different breed of Podcast. We get into the nitty-gritty of integrations, adoption, platforms, data and so much more regarding what makes B2B difficult to make successful for eCommerce!
We noticed that a few B2C podcasts exist on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, but nothing designed for the B2B eCommerce community. B2B and B2C eCommerce have a lot of overlap, but even more differences. Each has a different set of requirements and customer demands that impact project scope. Let’s call a spade a spade. B2B is harder, more complicated, and harder to market. But it is also a bigger piece of the pie. The eCommerce B2B roadmap to success is not as cut and dry as B2C and that’s why we have started this podcast.
B2C platforms like Magento and Shopify have large communities that support and have done the entre-level work of most projects. The same community does not exist for B2B, but we are starting to build it. The ecosystem may not be as mature, but as experts in the space, we hope this podcast will help some people wake up and reevaluate their online sales strategy.
The first podcast examines major trends around B2B eCommerce as well as answering all of the above questions. Take a listen for yourself and let us know what you think!
We will be posting new episodes with special guests weekly. You can listen on our dedicated podcast website and download the podcast on all major channels: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, Overcast, Pocket Cast, Castro, Castbox, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Deezer, Listen Notes, and RSS Feed.